ANIMAL SLAUGHTER IN THE NAME OF RELIGION.......

How is it possible that people still dwells in the age old beliefs that we can please God by sacrificing an animal......
Recently I visited the famous Kamakhya Temple in Assam ,This temple has many epic stories attached  with its history. Devotees all over the country visit this temple every year .I am basically not a non-believer of religion or an heretic but still there are certain things which really disturbs my mind so I thought of sharing what I saw in the premises of the temple.It all started with just an innocent question asked by my younger daughter ...The question though was very simple I just could not stop pondering about the idea  that why people should kill animals to praise the Almighty...?She actually wanted e to go and request the pujaries to stop killing them.But I felt so helpless at that time because I too was bound by beliefs.....?So I thought the best way to revert my questions is to re-direct my thoughts by media. It was just a small gesture but it hovered in my mind for quite a long time so the best way  I thought is to pen it down .There were many goats kept in the temple premises and when I inquired the pandits they informed that the goats were a token sacrifice to fulfill the wishes of the devotees.I know to give such remark when I myself is a non-vegetarian is something which cannot be accepted but as I already  told it disturbs when people do something wrong and blame it on God shatters me a lot.I wanted that if people  want to do something to please the Almighty then they should rather donate the money to orphanage or maybe give free one-day meal to the poor people....I feel then, God would be more happy rather than sacrificing the innocent animals just for their satisfaction and put all the blame on God.
                    I just want the common people like me to understand that animal sacrifice is totally wrong and should be completely banned. At least people should sacrifice such things with which God will be really happy...and in the long run our country too will be benefited.

THE FAMOUS KAMAKHYA TEMPLE......























Above given are some pictures  of the famous temple where animal sacrifice is still prevalent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOMENTS OF JOY...

WHAT DISTURBS MOST.....